Monday, February 23, 2009

Closet Organization


So, it's a little embarrassing for me, but this is Elizabeth's closet. The other day Janet and Josh came to play, and my mom came to visit the kids. I mentioned that I was tired of Elizabeth's room (it was very crowded, the layout made for little floor space) so we decided then and there to arrange the furniture. We drug it all around and found a good layout (I didn't take a picture, I'll do that soon) but it didn't leave room for her dress-up rack and trunk. My mom suggested her closet but as you can see, we keep her dresser in there along with a lot of other junk (no basements here in TX so closets become our storage) So, my mom suggested shelves and rods on the sides, and said my dad could do it. Well, I thought about it and really wanted it done soon and thought it didn't seem too difficult, so I thought I would try to do it myself. Here's the result! On the left are rods that are going the width of the closet (in the dead space where nothing was) and in the other dead space I put shelves for her undies, socks, jammies, and shorts and t's that were in her dresser. So out goes the dresser and the middle is left for the clothing rack and trunk.


It took me a lot longer than it would have taken my dad I'm sure, but I got it done! Impressed, dad? :) Next I'll have to get cute shelf paper and some cute storage for above on the shelf, so when it's all done I'll put another picture on here. For now I'm just glad to get the dress-up stuff out of the hallway!

8 comments:

The Martys said...

I am very impressed Laura. Great Job! I bet your Dad is impressed. Isn't it amazing how some simple organization creates more space. I need to do more of that myself.

chrissy said...

Love it! Chris is going to be so upset with you. Now I'm going to make him do that in both the girls rooms :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are awesome! I need you to come help me in the boys rooms!

Allison said...

Remember how excited I was about my shelves in the bedroom closets last year?! It feels GREAT huh? Love 'em - good job.
~Allison

Joanne said...

Holy cow! Can you come over and do my girls' closets? We desperately need more storage!

jessica said...

seriously, I agree with what everyone said! Now that I know you have a hidden talent you are going to be helping me at my house!

The A Family said...

I think you could start a business of your own here! Way too go.

Nikki said...

Great job, Laura! I wish you lived in MN so you could help me reorganize my entire house (and see you a lot more, of course). We desperately need more space!