Monday, April 20, 2009

Playgroup and Lunch with Friends


Today we had playgroup at a pottery place. We've been there before and made some fun things - so today I wanted a plate to display over our kitchen cabinets. I didn't get a finished picture, but it turned out cute! Afterwards we met my friend Allison, her daughter Emily, and Sophie for lunch. I taught kindergarten with both Allison and Sophie, so it was fun to get together to chat. (we missed you Joanne - our other teacher that made our team) Unfortunately I didn't get to chat much, I was busy watching my kids in the play area. They had been sitting a long time at the pottery place, then at lunch, so as soon as they were done eating we had to head right over to play.
Climbing in the play area.





Last night we were hanging outside, doing yard work, and our cousins came over (they live down the street.) They are playing "tag tails". The kids stick an animal belt around their waist with an animal tail off the back of it. The job is to run around and pull off the other kid's tails. As you can see they had a lot of fun running around!


We also painted with sidewalk paint. You can't tell, but the kids are covered in paint! The clothes came clean though - a miracle!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Lunch WAS fun! Sorry it was a little broken up with the whole playground and different lunch "delivery times."
Looks like your kids are prepping for flag football!
~Allison

Joanne said...

Awwww- sorry I missed it! I can't wait until this summer when I can hang out with you guys again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura and Tom...Snow White (right?) looks great. Four...time goes by fast. Hey nice blog....Ben looks good. Tom even looks good. I hope I am doing this right and you get this note. Take care and love to all....Uncle Mike

Vanessa said...

we had fun too! (when we finally got there) irina thought the paint was yummy! lol i'm excited to see how all the art will turn out!