Thursday, June 11, 2009

Eventful Night

So we had an eventful night last night (as I'm sure everyone that lives around us did as well!) We had tons of storms, lightening, wind, hard rain, etc.... The kids, unfortunately, woke up many times in the night and ended up in our bed. (The lights are out in the picture below - the flash just works really well I guess!) Our kids have never really slept with us before, except on our trip to San Antonio, and they aren't very good at it :) They play too much with each other and every time I would shift around Ben would ask me what I was doing, where was I going. I felt like I couldn't even breathe heavily or he would ask what was going on! So needless to say we did not get much sleep last night and I do not understand how anyone could co-sleep with their kids! It's so much work! :) Maybe they quit when the kids start asking questions! Let's hope for an uneventful night tonight!


8 comments:

Allison said...

Oh dear! Emily was a trooper and slept through! Yay... good thing it is all over today. HA!
~Allison

Mom said...

I guess that means you are not coming over to swim today:)

Janet said...

How funny! The boys took along time to fall asleep, but when they finally were sleeping they didn't get back up...until 7! Way to early for staying up late!

The A Family said...

Ohh.. I am sorry. We actually have a king bed for this reason. Sam typically ends up in our bed once a week, she has night terrors! On the co-sleep thing, I think you learn to adjust.
I will pray for a childless bed for you tonight :)

jessica said...

that is hilarious! Love the picture. I'm so glad Cooper slept through it too.

TLEB said...

How did you all get so lucky to have your kids sleep through it!?! Once our power was out that was it - they were up!!

chrissy said...

come on Laura- that looks like plenty of room ;-)

Anonymous said...

Like the photo edits!