
On our 3rd day of vacation we visited Tom's family (at the end of the post - I again didn't feel like switching all the pictures) and drove to the cabin. My dad made a sandbox for the kids this year so we spent a lot of time digging in the sand. Thanks dad!

My parents also got a paddle boat this year so we had fun taking it out with the kids.

I wasn't quite sure what Ben was going to do so I made sure to keep a hand on him at all times :) Elizabeth wasn't sure how much she liked it - I think we were a little too low to the water for her comfort level - but my dad and I liked it - and it was a little work out!

Like the
huge fish my dad caught?

We did sparklers in the evening, which was a big treat for the kids.


The next day we went in the boat again - we pretty much boated and fished every day!

I liked the lighting right here so I took one of each of my kids,

and my mom :)

The water in the lake is very clear so the kids spent lots of time checking out all the fish.

They also loved driving the boat.

This is the only picture I have with the cabin in it - I don't know why I didn't take one this year!

I had to add this because Ben kept hopping on the bed and telling me he was holding the bed.

In the afternoon before we drove to the cabin we were invited over for a BBQ at Tom's sister Theresa's house for the 4
th of July. Here the kids are with most of Theresa's kids - Lexi, Matt and Maddie.

They had a great time playing in the pool with their cousins. Lexi and Elizabeth had fun holding each other in the pool.

This is Johnny, one of the cousins, helping Ben swim in the pool.

Elizabeth jumping off the diving board - with no one in there to catch her - all by herself!

All the kids were dunking Johnny - I just liked this picture watching Ben and E out there with all the "big kids"!

Johnny flipping off the diving board!

Theresa and me

Maddie, Tom's sister Linda, and sister in law Sharon

I wish we lived closer to our Minnesota cousins - the kids had such a great time playing with them and I know they wish we could do it more often.
5 comments:
Looks like so much fun. We haven't done sparklers in years.
Awesome! I would love the paddle boat too - nice for the legs! Looks like such a fun vacation!
~Allison
That looks so fun! I'm going to stow away in your suitcase next time!
What a fun time you guys had! The paddle boat and sand looks like lots of fun!
How great of your dad to build that sand pit! Love the paddle boat too! How much fun!
Post a Comment