
Dinner was at our house tonight for Tom's family. We made dinner and afterwards when it wasn't quite so hot we played in the backyard on the bounce house and just watched the kids play. I think Ben enjoyed the bounce house as much down as he did when it was up!

After we played for a while (notice the red, sweaty kids) we had dessert. My mom got me a really fun cupcake pan that makes the cupcakes into cones. Then you add a scoop of ice cream on top to make a cone!

Isn't Zach so cute?! You can't tell so well in the picture but he is covered in water droplets. I got a water bottle to spray the kids because they were so red and Zach kept wanting me to spray him until he was soaked. It was very funny.

Victoria, Amelia, and Janet

Ben and Elizabeth - nice and hot!

What a funny face!

John (Tom's dad), Nick (cousin), Nancy ( Tom's sister), and Carole (Tom's mom)

Both my kids are loving baby Amelia. Ben kept wanting to hold her.

Taking turns with the baby.
We had a great time with everyone and we had some really easy and yummy sandwiches that you should try! All you do is get some really good bread - we tried 4 cheese foccacia bread and ciabatta bread - both from Sprouts. They also have it at Target and I'm sure tons of other places. You cut the loaf in half and layer pesto (that's the best part in my opinion), ham, turkey, swiss cheese, and whatever else you want. Put the top back on and bake it in the oven until the cheese melts. That's it! It was really good though, you need to try it!
6 comments:
mmmm... sounds yummy! How adorable is Zack in that picture? How is Victoria doing? I can't wait to meet Amelia! Looks like you guys all had a good time. You are such a great hostess!
That does sound yummy!!! It looks like they had fun and that baby Ameilia survived their fun.
Is Amelia a mini Victoria or is it just me?! So far, I think she is very "H"-esque. (ohh, at first I put the last name... oops) I love to host but not so good at it... you will need to teach me.
~Allison
Looks like you had lots of fun - and your dinner sounds great. We'll come over any time and sample:-)
Amelia looks darling, can't wait to meet her.
Isn't the bounce house the best! My grandad bought one for Sam when she was 15 months old and she is still into it! Have you ever sat them in the middle and then blown it up? It is fun and Sam thinks it is so cool.
I will have to try your sandwich ideas to that does sound good :)
Sounds fun and yummy- the perfect night! We love that bounce house, too! We got for Mike's party andit was sunch a hit andnow weuse it just to zap his energy :)
Post a Comment