Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Elliott's Birthday

Elizabeth's friend, Elliott, had her birthday Saturday at a fun gymnastics center. It's a great place for kids because there are all these in ground trampolines (great for my accident prone Ben) and each of the kids got their own.

Ben trying his out,

and Elizabeth. (whoops - we forgot to take off the glasses)So now - do you see anyone missing?

Why are these 2 kiddos sitting by themselves away from all the fun you ask? Well, Josh was a little nervous the whole time of the new situation so he hung out with his mom, and a few minutes after the party started E turned around and just started bawling. When I finally got it out of her what was wrong she said "I didn't know those men!" There were 2 male teachers and E does get more nervous when there are men instead of women (like at Sunday school or something). So, I was trying very hard not to get mad because I was thinking it was a little ridiculous that a 4 year old would be scared at a birthday party when I was sitting right there!


Finally, after the activity wasn't teacher directed, Elizabeth was willing to get up and play. This is the giant foam pit the kids can leap in to.

There's cousin Drew jumping off the long trampoline into the pit.

We all ended the party with cupcakes and ice cream. Happy Birthday Elliott!

We have had a fun beginning of the week with absolutely no pictures! Monday we went to a jump house place for a few hours. Tuesday we went to a free kids movie at the movie theatre and then I was lucky enough to go to a movie with friends in the evening. Today we have more plans so I hope to get my camera out!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That does look like a fun pace! I don't know how you go and go every day... what great memories your kids will have!

The A Family said...

Movie with friends? What is that? Looks like you had fun at the gym even with E's little scary moment, sometimes you just have to wonder what is going through their head.

Joanne said...

Good for her for being so cautious! :) That party looks like FUN though!!!

ANd HAPPY HAPPY 30th Birthday to you!!!!

chrissy said...

the picturse are great! I still haven't uploaded mine from the camera

The A Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I forgot to inlcude that in my last post! I know the kids will spoil you crazy!

Allison said...

That is too bad that Elizabeth missed out on some of the fun! Looks like a fun party for Ms. Elliott.
~Allison

jessica said...

That is a fun place to have a party, wow! That is so funny about Eliz, she is definitely a cautious little girl! Happy B-day to Elliott!

Erin K said...

Cool party! My nephew had one of those kind once and it was a blsat for everyone. So glad E was able to enjoy it.