Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Playing with Drew and Josh

Last night we were about to start getting ready for bed when we got a call from Drew and Josh asking if we wanted to come down and play with some water balloons. It was still pretty early in the evening and we will be out of town for a week, so we thought we'd better go play. One of the favorite things for the kids is their trampoline.
They love the tramp! Ben isn't allowed to go on with the "big kids". He's so light compared to them, and he's a little too wild and accident prone so he gets to jump by himself.

While Ben was jumping the kids were running races across the lawn.


He looks surprised by how high he's going - doesn't he??



Here they are doing water balloons. I didn't get any great pictures - but they loved it. The thing is the kids run through water balloons so fast! They pretty much just grab one and smash it on the ground so it took about 1 min. and we were through the entire bowl. It was fun while it lasted!
Can't you just see what Drew is thinking - "I'm going to get you Elizabeth! Ha ha ha!!!"
So, no posts for the next week. We're going to the MN/WI area for a week to visit family, friends, and my parent's cabin. I'm sure I'll have a lot to post when we get home! Have a great week!

6 comments:

The A Family said...

Have a great trip!!! Looks like they had fun last night, that is the best part of summer - impromptu play dates.

Erin K said...

Looks like they had a blast! Have fun on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Have fun and enjoy a break from the extreme heat!

jessica said...

They sure look like they are having fun, I love the one of Ben jumping! I hope you all have so much fun on your trip, I wish I was going to be there!

Joanne said...

I love the water balloon idea! Fun! Be safe and have fun. I can't wait to see the pics when you guys get back!

Allison said...

You look forward to moving but what about when Drew and Josh aren't just down the street. :( Have fun on your trip!!
~Allison