Sunday, November 8, 2009

Busy Weekend

We had another busy weekend around our household (doesn't everybody though!) We started the weekend with a garage sale at my SIL Janet's house. We had so much stuff to sell that it covered the entire driveway! We didn't have as much traffic as we would have liked, but we still made money and had a good time hanging out for the morning. We probably had 15 bags of clothes leftover to donate! I did end up getting that dollhouse for $3 at a garage sale though...that alone was worth it for me!

In other good news they have started working on our house! This has all been done since Thursday, that's the day they poured our foundation. I can't believe how fast it's going.
I made these felt bows for Elizabeth and they were so easy! I know a lot of you have girls so I wanted to share them with you. All you need is felt, thread and needle, a hair clip, and glue. I just cut out the shapes from the felt, glued them together and stitched on the accents. Then I just glued it to the hair clip. I thought a Christmas tree would be adorable with tiny little beads glued on.

I thought this was just funny. The kids were painting and look at Elizabeth's paint tray. Nice and neat. She rinsed her brush and all that before dipping into a new color.

Now this is probably just a boy thing, or a two year old thing, but look at his tray. All mixed up and he used all his paint in about 2 minutes. It was gobbed all over his home depot project.

On Friday we were able to visit our friends who used to live in our old neighborhood and have now moved about an hour away. The kids were so excited to play with Elliott and Berkley - and I was so glad I was able to visit with Chrissy in her gorgeous house!
They are so cute! Maybe Elliott will like younger men as she gets older :)
Hope everyone has a good week!

7 comments:

chrissy said...

We had so much fun with you guys too! I'm glad you came out and we can't wait until we can visit you in your new house! I think E might have to fight B for Ben, she loves him- even if she wants to rename him Josh ;)

Allison said...

Well we missed you this weekend but it looks like you had a good time! That dollhouse looks like a GREAT steal of a deal!!
~Allison

Unknown said...

Look at the house! Don't you just love that feeling! And what cute felt clips- I will make those as soon as I get a chance to leave the house for felt! And what a find... that is a wonderful doll house- every girl deserves one and every mom should be so lucky to get one for $3!

Anonymous said...

love the hair clips!

jessica said...

So many fun things in this post! first of all, yea on your house! it looks awesome already! And I also love the clips, you could totally sell those. Great find with the dollhouse, it looks great, I'm sure E loves it!

Joanne said...

THREE dollars!?! Shut up! How awesome! That totally makes it worth the weekend.
I am so excited your house is on it's way. Very exciting to "watch it grow".

Erin K said...

LOVE to see the little ones painting! Glad you got the dollhouse for so cheap. AMAZING!!! Very cute felt hair clips. You need to make a tutorial.