Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Day and an Early Christmas



We started off the day of Thanksgiving at my parent's house playing outside. It was beautiful out so we wanted the kids to run off their energy for a while.
We took pictures up by the pond. I realized when looking through pictures from other holidays that I have hardly any pictures of the kids together, so we made sure to do it this year.


Me and Jackson
Our family. It's a little far away so I think I'll have to do a little cropping :)

After all the photo shoots we had a wonderful dinner. Thanks, mom, it was wonderful and we were all VERY full!
My aunt got the kids these adorable turkey cupcakes for dessert. (her kids were sleeping so we didn't get any pictures with them)
Here's Ben....

and this is why he's screaming. It was so top heavy with frosting it flipped right out of his hands. Twice! We got it all scraped up and he finished it anyways :)
Next we headed to Tom's parent's house to visit. I forgot my camera on the counter at my parent's house, so unfortunately no pictures of that part of the day. It was fun though!
In the evening we went back to my parents for an early Christmas The kids all got toys from the aunts and uncles. Evan got this truck from my parents, which he loved. Emma was asleep for all this excitement so again, no pictures :(

This toy that Elizabeth got was so cute! It is a wooden cupcake set with a pot holder, real cupcake holders, and the icing comes off so you can mix and match. See the thing in her hand? It's an icing tube but it's really a marker so Elizabeth can really decorate her own cupcake. She loves it and plays with it all the time.

My Aunt Amy, her husband Jim, and all the kids minus Cooper and Emma (Emma was asleep and Cooper didn't want his picture taken right then)
Can you tell it's getting a little late? Meltdown!!! They went to bed right after this.
To finish off our night we played some dice games with the presents we brought for the exchange. It was a good way to end the evening. We had such a great time with all our family that we only see 2 times a year. We're glad we got to have that time with each other. See you all this summer!
(Not that any of my uncles read my blog or even know what one is...but my Aunt will see this! See you soon, Amy! :)

5 comments:

Erin K said...

What a beautiful home! The pic where you're all sitting down to lunch and you can see the foyer in the background with a Christmas tree...gorgeous. Glad you were able to get your family together...and no sick kids? Wow! That's amazing! Poor Ben with his cupcake disaster...I'd have been screaming too.

Allison said...

Very fun - and what a FULL day!! Makes me hungry again to see the pictures of the meal. I love how Jessica is smiling pretty for that one! Way to pay attention Jess!
Early Christmas - how nice! Looks like the gifts were a big hit.
~Allison

jessica said...

I love the picture of Ben melting down, so funny! You took some great pictures!
And thanks Allison, I always know when a camera is there!! :) ha ha

jessica said...

I forgot to say that the pictures of your kids by the pond are so cute! Especially the first one!

Unknown said...

I love the sweet family picture! I agree with Aunt Jessica- Ben's melt down is cute and well deserved... glad you got on camera for when he is a dad!