I am going to try to do a good job of keeping track of our events this December, so hopefully I won't bore anyone! I am going to print my blog as a keepsake for my kids, so I want to make sure I don't miss anything. In our house the elf comes on December 1st. Here's a note from the elf with a little treat for each child. I also decided to start a new tradition of me leaving a note of what we are going to do that is special that day. Today the note said write a letter to Santa.
They really enjoyed helping me this year and no broken ornaments!! Yay!
7 comments:
So fun... I want to know more about the Elf, I love that idea.
I think the tree looks great. We gave Sam 4 ornaments to hang, it took her the same amount of time as it did for us to hang the rest. You can tell which four she hung by the clump on the bottom of the tree :)
I love the fact that you can print the blog, I am going to do that as well this year :)
I like the elf visits too! Good job on keeping the traditions even with "the apartment" restrictions! Kids are flexible - the tree is darling!!
~m
I think your kids and Tom were probably thankful that you adjusted the way you decorated the tree. ;) Emily's elf came to visit last night but I sent it away until next year. I am sure your kids LOVE December!
~Allison
Love the elf idea too! The tree looks great! Makes it more their own...
No broken ornaments!?! WOW!! I am decorating our tree with candy canes this year because I know any breakable ornaments I put on Jill will promptly rip off and drop. LOVE the elf! I might have to see if he'll visit our house next year.
Cute Elf idea! I love your tree... good for you for letting the kids go for it!
The no broken ornaments is probably just a fluke...but it helps that the tree is on carpet! :) I don't think I could do the candy canes, Joanne. My kids would have them GONE in about 3 days!
Post a Comment