Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Playing at Grandma's House


Isn't this the most adorable play house? My dad made it in their backyard for the grandkids. They love to play in it. Inside there is a table and chairs, a little kitchen, and my dad added a sink (a bowl) that we fill with water so the dishes can be washed.


There's the sink next to Elizabeth. (I think she had just finished crying in this picture but it was the only one of the inside I had!)


One of the other favorite things to do at Grandma's in the spring is look at the baby ducks.


They let us get so close this year.

That turtle is the reason there are no more baby ducks now. In the pond are probably 20 or 30 turtles. The mama duck started with 9 babies, we saw 7 on the second day they were there, and by the weekend they were all gone.




You can't see them here but the turtles were just following the mama duck and her babies all through the pond. Thank goodness we didn't see one go under!

This is what we saw when we drove into the neighborhood. They were going on a walk I guess! Too bad the mama didn't keep them out of the water for longer, maybe one would be left!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that playhouse looks amazing. Tell your dad he did a nice job!

Meg said...

and tell you dad I need one!! I love it!

Poor mama duck! I'm kinda sad now! :(

Allison said...

Maybe they are just hiding in the bushes! Maybe...?

The house turned out BEAUTIFULLY - and the inside paint job is just... just... there are no words. ;)

chrissy said...

THat playhouse is awesome! I want one! That is pretty sad about the baby ducks.

Erin K said...

I LOVE that house! I would have died to have one as a child. Elizabeth and Ben are so lucky!

TLEB said...

They are so lucky - I wished I had one like it when I was a kid! And thanks, Allison, I think the inside paint job is the best part :) (That's the part I did :)

jessica said...

So sad about the baby ducks, you got some good pics of them!