Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Amelia's Birthday and Our Company

When I was looking through my past pictures I realized I forgot to post about Amelia's birthday and our company. I made Amelia's birthday cake. I was looking around my kitchen after I was done and just laughing about what a mess I made of everything!
Here's Amelia's smash cake.

The aftermath :) See that cake on the right? That used to be on top of the other square cake but it was looking so ridiculously huge so I decided to take it off. I was so worried I would totally wreck both cakes - and this was about 10 at night - but it worked out (thank goodness!)

I pretty much only remembered to get out my camera for cake time. Here's Amelia squealing with laughter about something!
Playing with her mommy!
What a cutie!


Elizabeth wanted to be right next to her for most of the party. She loves Amelia!

This is the outfit Janet and I got her for her birthday. We had a friend make the shirt and I made the skirt. She was such a cutie in it!

She was just starting to walk the week of the party.

The next day Tom's brother, Jim, came into town with his wife and three kids. (see Jim on the right - Tom looks a lot like him)
The same friend who made Amelia's shirt made our 3 boys a 4th of July shirt. They loved matching each other.
Cousin Sarah was setting off fireworks in the backyard on the 4th.
We then headed out front to see more fireworks being set off.


The big kids in the back are Steve, Tom, and Brittney - Jim's kids who are from MN - they flew down to visit over the 4th of July.

We had a great time watching fireworks that Uncle Mark set off for us. Elizabeth and Brittney
The young TX cousins all dressed in their finest 4th of July gear.

Amelia's not all about sitting still anymore, now that's she's getting big and walking.

This is the cake I made - can you tell it's a flag when you cut it open??

Ben and Tom
Steve - enjoying dinner I guess :) (Tom had my camera at this point so I don't really know what he was doing! I had quite of few weird and random pictures after this! :)

Tom and Brittney

Mary, Jim's wife , and Janet
Elizabeth and her Uncle Jim
Last, but not least, Grandma and Grandpa H and all their grand kids that were in town. We are a very blessed family with so many kiddos.
We had a great visit with our out of town company! We have more coming in about a week so I'll have more pictures to come.

7 comments:

Erin K said...

Your cake looks awesome! I can't believe Amelia is already 1! Wow! It's so cute how Elizabeth wants to be around her all the time.

Allison said...

Very well done on your cakes! Did you happen to make one for yourself? ;) It is great that you are so close to Jessica and your parents but Tom's huge family is certainly a blessing too!

The Martys said...

Wow.... love your cakes. Great job. Amelia certainly has a lot of hair for a 1 year old. She is a cutie.

jessica said...

So many things to comment on! Love the new background, super cute! Love the cakes you made for Amelia! They are adorable! I can't wait for you to make Jackson's :) Amelia's outfit was so cute, she looked precious on her b-day. I'm very impressed by your 4th of july cake, that looked difficult. Great pictures of all of Tom's family, you guys had a great 4th!

Joanne said...

You are a cake goddess! I cant believe how grown up Amelia looks in her adorable birthday outfit! It's like she turned into a little girl from a baby overnight!

Unknown said...

10 grandkids- wow! Bet they were in grandparent heaven that day. So cool for everyone to get together. Your cakes look fantastic! and I saw no outstanding sort of mess after a baking project... Looks more like a genuis at work!

Unknown said...

Oh, and I can remember Amelia's birth post... I was very preggers with Adelyn and was a bit jealous that she was here and I still had a ways to go... this has been the world's fastest year. I can't believe she is one and walking!!