Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 2 at the Cabin


I was wrong! I forgot that the next morning Stephanie and Will came back over and we were able to get a picture of all of us with our kids. We filled up the couch with all of us!




We had a fun, busy second day at the cabin. My pictures are in reverse order, but I realized no one would care, so I'm not spending the time to change them! After our long day in the lake we decided the kids needed a bath. We have gotten a picture of our kids in the bathtub together every year that we have all been together (which is only one other year).

Here are the kids 2 years ago,


and here is Ben the first year at the cabin - he's so little and cute!!
There's my serious boy after his bath.

Elizabeth and Tom cuddling after her bath.




On our second day at the cabin the kids and Tom brought the big tube down to the lake to take a ride. We ended up swimming off the tube the whole week.

We hooked the tube to the back of the boat and took turns having rides. You can see Ben is really excited about his ride on the tube!

He got used to it and took turns standing up on it with Cooper! They got very brave on their ride!



Then it was Elizabeth's turn for a ride. They took off for a normal ride, then Elizabeth quickly got very brave and daring, and then talked her dad into doing the same thing! It was only a matter of time!

They were quickly back up on the raft and ready for more.



Next, Tom took the kids on a raft ride out in the lake. They quickly got out into the middle of the lake,


so my dad and I decided to take the paddle boat out to "rescue" them.


We were out pretty far!



Elizabeth loved the lake this year. She kept telling us she wanted to swim the entire lake - and I think she would have if we had let her! She was in the water almost the entire time - she is definitely a lake girl! Ben is another story. He would go in the lake, but he really didn't enjoy it. He had a lot more fun throwing rocks into the water. Whenever we were in the lake he kept asking "Are you sure the fish don't like feet?" And he would kick his little legs as fast as he could the entire time we were in the water to keep the fish away. I'm a little like Ben. I would have to try hard to not think about what was swimming underneath me!
The other thing we did day 2 was check out the kid's trees. My parents planted a tree for each of the children a couple of years ago. They've grown a little bit.

Here's Elizabeth's tree.

Something the boys really love is fishing with grandpa. He caught this fish and the boys wanted to touch it. This is how Ben is holding the fish - by touching it as little as possible.





The boys are each taking a turn fishing,



and driving the boat.





We had a relaxing time fishing and boating.





The two buddies - hanging on the boat.









The last exciting thing for the day was finding this turtle on the side of the road. Grandpa was brave enough to pick it up for the kids.



Elizabeth was even brave enough to hold the turtle! I was very proud of them!
Day 2 was at an end.
Another busy day tomorrow!

7 comments:

Allison said...

That Ben is a wilderness man!! ;) Looks like you all had a lot of fun and I bet the kids slept really well! (That is always a plus!) Can't wait to see what other fun things you did and found. I absolutely love how Ben was holding the fish, BTW.

Meg said...

What a great time for all of you and the kids will never forget these things! I'm happier knowing fish don't like feet too!

Sue said...

You got a lot of great pictures. We had so much fun with all of you. SO glad the kids liked swimming in the lake. (or at least E)

The A Family said...

What a great trip! The pictures are beautiful! I love the turtle, we have two turtles and a tortise at our house right now. You should bring the kids to visit our personal Asquith zoo (there is even a bearded dragon to view)... Looks like great fun with your family.

chrissy said...

Elliott and I loved all the pictures. She was very impressed with the kids standing on the tube- she just went for her first tube ride last weekend- wonder if she'll try that next time?? She was also impressed with the turtle- she has been wanting one. Tell Ben I feel the same way about the fish. Yuck! And I loved the bathtub pictures- the boys looked like babies last year compared to this year!

Erin K said...

Great pics! It's sooo beautiful there! I have to admit, thinking about what's under the water would creep me out too. I've seen one to many a sci-fi/horror movie that involve things coming out of the lake. When I was a kid, I would be afraid that Jaws was under the water and would attack at any moment.

jessica said...

aww, love looking at the pictures of our kids from the cabin two years ago, they look so small! You got some great ones of them on the lake.