Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Elizabeth's First Day of Kindergarten

My baby had her first day of kindergarten yesterday. She did a fabulous job. She didn't seem too nervous, and was very excited to go to her class.
We got a new backpack and lunch box for the occasion.


Here is Elizabeth outside her classroom. See the "bling" on her name?

They entered the room and put their things in their cubby.
I was very proud of my girl. I still can't believe she's in kindergarten and gone all day long!! Besides the pit that's in my stomach all day we are doing well with the change. :)
Here's Elizabeth when I picked her up - look at that happy face!
That's Elizabeth's teacher in the background - see her hot pink dress?! They dress way cuter than I did when I taught. She was also wearing super tall wedge shoes. I don't know how practical it was for teaching...but she looked cute!
Elizabeth was super spoiled going back to school. She got presents from both her grandparents and her Aunt Jessica. Jessica is Elizabeth's godmother and she gave her a charm bracelet for all important events. This time she gave her a school charm. So cute! We met my mom and sister at Sonic to have ice cream and to give Elizabeth her presents. This is from my mom.

She was also excited to get flowers and a balloon. Like I said, she was very spoiled.
She did a great job on her first day, and I survived it. ;) Today was slightly easier for me, and Elizabeth was happy to go back. It was a good first day!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love E's dress! Perfect for the first day of school too.

Interesting you should note the teacher's dress because I just went to Ross and got a bunch of new cute dresses for teaching this year too. (I'll stick to flip flops, though. Wedges would be incredibly dangerous for me.)

Allison said...

Oh wow, her teacher doesn't mess around... she is serious about her pink!! I love Elizabeth's outfit too. So glad the year is starting out so well.

The Martys said...

I am so glad Elizabeth is doing well in school. I, too, love her new dress. Very cute. Her classroom looks very cute.

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up!! I love her outfit!! I'm glad you both survived the first day!! Every day gets easier...I promise! =)


Valerie

TLEB said...

Thanks, Val - I needed that! Today was a little easier than yesterday...I hope that trend continues!

jessica said...

OH my goodness, I got teary-eyed looking at the pictures of her in her classroom! She looks so adorable, I agree, I loved her dress on the first day. I'm so glad she had such a good day, it's just going to get better from here out!