Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting our Nails Done and My Birthday

One of the items on Elizabeth's back to school list was to get her nails done at a salon. Why was this on her list? Well, when her older cousins were in town the girls all went to get their nails done and they invited Elizabeth along. I was babysitting and couldn't go - and in the end she got too nervous to go without me and decided not to go. I suggested that we would go just the two of us before school started. I told her to enjoy it since she wouldn't be going again until her wedding :) (at least that's me - I got mine done for the first time for my wedding.)

Getting them painted- she was enjoying it!
The finished product! We had a cute picture of our feet together but MAN, my feet are ugly and big - especially up close! :) Unfortunately I think Elizabeth's feet are going to be just like mine - at least hers are cute now!

Jessica and I had our birthday last week and we went to our annual Cheesecake Factory lunch with our parents and kiddos.
Ben and Cooper were a little wild together at lunch- can you tell?
Silly Jackson - sharing his toy with me.
Dad was able to take a long lunch so he could come with us.
The birthday girls. We had a great time together.

My kids in front of the fountain in Southlake - I think it was a little bright!
When we got home in the evening Tom and the kids had gotten me flowers and a present and we got take out for dinner. It was a nice birthday!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Glad you had a great day and yummy lunch. Take out for dinner? I wonder what you chose...
What a big girl Elizabeth is... I bet she LOVED her nail day!

The A Family said...

That is one of Samantha's favorite things to go do and she is only 3!! Marc's sister takes her for special days out and we have done it a couple of times.
Love the b-day pics, everyone looked so happy!

Erin K said...

What cool experience for a growing up so fast. The nails looked great! Happy birthday! It looks like it was a great one. Cheese cake Factory makes the best cheesecakes.

Meg said...

Happy Birthday and happy school preparations to Elizabeth. Her feet look so cute!

jessica said...

What a cute photo of the kids in front of the fountain! Can't believe she's already old enough to get her nails done, ahhh!

Joanne said...

What a special time at the salon for you and Elizabeth! I love that you are doing a before school list with her! You and Jessica look fab for your birthday lunch!