After playing T-ball this summer Ben was ready for a change. He loves to play soccer in the backyard, so he was excited to sign up for soccer this fall. Then he found out (after I signed him up) that none of his cousins would be on his team, so he changed his mind. Too late! I thought he would like it if he gave it a try, so we headed to his first practice.
Once he realized the kids weren't going to take his ball home with them, he loved it.
Once he realized the kids weren't going to take his ball home with them, he loved it.
They did some drills,
and just spent some time running around, kicking the ball.
I had brought Elizabeth's homework box with her crayons and other supplies with us so she would have something to do. This other little girl (the coach's daughter) kept skipping out on practice to come use all of Elizabeth's supplies. Luckily Elizabeth was nice about it!
Drew and Josh happened to be at the Y to sign up for their T-ball league so they stopped to watch Ben and color with Elizabeth. :)
That was his last play.
I guess all the kids running around with all the adults on the sidelines yelling really freaked him out and that was it. He didn't want to get back out on the field.
I guess all the kids running around with all the adults on the sidelines yelling really freaked him out and that was it. He didn't want to get back out on the field.
6 comments:
Oh wow. Bummer! The thing I have seen lately is 3 v 3 for the young ones... wonder if he would like that better? Or not. Hope next Saturday is better.
Wait, was there just one practice and then a game? I guess maybe it doesn't matter much at that age...
Hope he starts to feel better about it. Way to keep them diversified!
*Uh, upon further review it looks like maybe they play 4 v 4... so one less probably wouldn't matter. Oh well... still hope next Saturday is better!
He's so cute! The boys are excited to watch him when he decides to play!
Brings back fond memories of me playing soccer growing up. I know once he gets over the first game jitters, he'll enjoy it.
HOw cute!
Post a Comment