Saturday, September 25, 2010

Only Dad Part 2

I came home one day last week to this!
These aren't actually body paints,
they're just regular old paints that Tom thought would be fun to use on their bodies.



It was fun -


and messy!
Only with dad! :)

These are for you, Amy!

I totally copied these ideas from other blogs. I made this subway art for the fall. I just painted a canvas with orange, red and yellow and then used my sister's cricut to cut out the words. I then made fabric flowers for the corners. Pretty simple!

I made 2 of these wreaths for about 1.50 each. I got the ideas for these from here.
It will tell you exactly how to make them. I made them for right outside the study - but I think I need to paint the walls around them - it looks very white in the pictures!
I hope you like them, Amy!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Boy, you sure have been getting out by yourself a lot lately! I am jealous!! ;) Body paint looks like loads of fun.
Also, your projects are great! Must get crafting myself.

The Martys said...

Laura. I absolutely love your crafts. The subway tile is adorable and now I have to do mine. (I bought the canvas but was afraid to do it.) The wreaths are so fun. You are good!!!! Love the kids with the paints all over them. Only a dad would let their kids do that!!

Thanks for sharing.

jessica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the canvas and wreaths. I am going to have to do both of those projects sometime! I can't believe he let them body paint. That's something I'd like to do with the boys, but the thought of the mess holds me back!

The A Family said...

Those are great! Can you just make me a couple of the canvas art things,I love them!!! I also love both only dad activities. They are so fun, way to go Tom!

Erin K said...

Awesome! Ben and Elizabeth are so lucky to have such a fun, brave dad who comes up with such creative stuff for them to do. And I love the canvas and wreathes too! Awesome job!

chrissy said...

I love your crafts! Tom is awesome. I'm hoping he was the one that got to clean them up after that too :-)

Anonymous said...

You're so artsy! Reminds me of modge-podging freshman year or sewing pillows and curtains in out apartment. Sometimes I don't know where I put all my creativity and energy.