Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Visit to the Gaylord


Elizabeth's good friend, Elliott, and her sister Berkley moved about an hour away last year so we have been trying to find places to meet so neither of us have such a long drive. We decided to meet at the Gaylord to see their Alice in Wonderland exhibits.

We decided to do this little Cheshire cat search - the kids had to find all of these signs and using a view finder find the hidden word. We then wrote it down on our map. Once we found all the Cheshire cats we would find the whole saying and get a little light up necklace.


On the way we found the giant chess board, which everyone had a good time moving.







They had a brunch with Alice and Friends (which we didn't try) but we thought the giant book was cool so we had to get a picture.

We had to stop and play in the water. I was just ready for Berkley to go in headfirst!!



We had a lot of fun seeing our friends, it had been a while since we had seen them!
We also decided to make homemade pizzas last week.

They loved helping me, but no one really enjoyed eating it! (except for me :) The dough was a little dense and thick compared to delivery pizza. I guess I need to work on that!

Last but not least, can you tell what Ben is going to be for Halloween?
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!!
(he's so excited!)

6 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my goodness, those boys are going to be bouncing off the walls - to infinity and BEYOND! Glad you all were able to meet up and play... looks like a fun adventure!

jessica said...

LOVE the last pic of Ben! That looks like such a fun exhibit at the Gaylord! I wish Cooper had read Alice in Wonderland, we'd go visit it!

Vanessa said...

the chess looked so fun! and i love the buzz costume! where did u get it? also, next time yall get together with the pomeroys let me know; maybe ill join yall!

Erin K said...

Wow! The Gaylord looks like fun! I had no idea they were decorated with the Alice in Wonderland stuff. We'll have to go check it out! Love the pics of the pizza making.

Anonymous said...

I love how E is cocking her head so it looks like she's trying to fit in the giant story book.

I still haven't tried making my own dough yet, but it's so easy since I can get it at Publix.

Wow - Halloween costume already???!!!

TLEB said...

Oh Sharon - we start early here in Texas! :) Vanessa - we got it at Target.