Friday, October 22, 2010

Elizabeth's First Kindergarten Field Trip


On Wednesday Elizabeth had her very first Kindergarten field trip! I was able to go with, thanks to my mom taking Ben to Jessica's house in the morning so he could go with them to zoo school. Jessica was then nice enough to keep him all day for me. Thanks mom and Jessica!

Elizabeth's class went to a petting zoo/pumpkin patch place. It was a lot of fun but way too hot for the end of October.


Each of us parents were given a group of kids to keep track of. I don't know if it's the teacher or the parent in me but I'm really very nervous during field trips! There was way too much space and the kids would start to wander, and I would start to worry. I was watching the other groups and the moms were all letting the kids wander wherever....it was stressing me out! But they all made it back to school so I guess it all worked out in the end.


Here is the group me and Emma's mom were in charge of. We're waiting in line for the hay ride.

We started the day on the hay ride. It was a little dusty, but fun.
Here's the one picture of me and Elizabeth on the field trip. I took it when we were on the hay ride.

Then the kids got to go to a variety of cages to pet the animals. Here they are with the chickens. They were told they could pick them up! I felt very sorry for those chickens!



Here's the duck cage. Again - the ducks were not too happy with all the kids chasing them around. You could tell they wanted out!!


We were also able to feed the sheep. I was only able to snap this one picture because I was too busy trying to watch our kids. It was crazy here with kids wandering EVERYWHERE!!




We met this horse named Fella that the kids got to pet and feed some hay. This was a favorite among our group.


Eating lunch,
taking pictures,
picking out pumpkins,
and playing on the playground were the last things we did.

It was a very fun field trip that I was so happy I was able to go on. I loved it and the kids had a blast!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute pic of you and E!

The Martys said...

What a fun field trip. Looks like all the kids had a great time. I, too, love the pic of you and E. Super cute.

Allison said...

Are you sure you had loved it? ;) E looks so cute in her little jean skirt... crazy that the TX weather is like that when we are DROWNING out here!!! Glad you were able to go and enjoy it - I bet E was VERY happy to have you along!

The A Family said...

so sweet. I ber you worry because you are a mom AND a teacher. What a fun day!!

Erin K said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you got to go with her! Great pics!