Monday, April 25, 2011

Elizabeth's 6th Birthday Party

Elizabeth's party started with all of the girls coming to the table to color while they waited for the others girls to come.
The next activity was a scavenger hunt throughout the downstairs of our house. At each stop the girls got candy or something like bubbles to put in their treat bag. They also had to do something at each spot. Here the girls are dancing like a ballerina.




Elizabeth did a great job reading all of the clues telling everyone where to go.







Showing off their loot.


The last clue led the girls to the dining room where they did their craft, a bottle top necklace.




Elizabeth got a seat at the head of the table.


Jessica was my photographer for the day - thank you!!


After the necklace making the girls headed to the kitchen to decorate cupcakes.




(I have a picture of each of the girls so I can print them for our blog book! :)


Emma - Elizabeth BFF from school who lives around the corner.


Our friend from our old neighborhood, Baylee. Another friend from our old neighborhood, Anabel.




Maylee, a friend from school.


Mallory, a big sister to one of the girls in Elizabeth's class.


The birthday girl!


Kaitlyn, another friend from school. She actually lives down the street.


Elliott, a friend from our old neighborhood.


Addison, a friend from school.


Ashlynn, a family friendDarlena, another friend from school.Bridget, another friend from school and Daisy Scouts - they are building a house 2 doors down from us!






Laura and Melanie. Laura is Bridget's mom, we do a lot of PTA stuff together and Melanie is Emma's mom who lives just around the corner.


Reagan, another friend from school.


Our last activity was spin the bottle. I always struggle with present opening, how to keep in interesting but in control. We had each of the girls sit in a circle, Elizabeth spun the bottle and whoever it landed on got their present for Elizabeth to open. It worked out pretty well.






Most of the girls at the end of the party.
Whew- we survived and it was a lot of fun!!


A couple of hours later we had the family over for pizza. The kids wanted to open presents the spin the bottle way.


Elizabeth with one of her presents.


Elizabeth and her cake for the family party.


(I was so terrible and we totally forgot to sing happy birthday at her friend party! I can't believe it! We were so busy decorating the cupcakes and eating them that the singing part never occurred me!!)




The kids decorated cupcakes again - the favorite activity for all of them I think. Most of the boys hardly ate a bite, but they sure had fun decorating!At Elizabeth's school we are allowed to bring in a treat on their birthday. Elizabeth chose cupcakes. Ben and I brought them up and sang happy birthday with the class.






It was a very fun birthday - I still can't believe my baby is 6!!

4 comments:

Meg said...

That spin the bottle method is INSPIRED!!! Whoever had that idea- Kudos!!! Happy Birthday to Elizabeth!

Allison said...

Whew is right! Man, I am worn out. I am glad I have a while before big school birthday parties with "strangers," hehe. Great job, Mama!

Sue said...

It was a fun party ~ and so cute! You did a wonderful job of making her day special.

The A Family said...

What a wonderful day you had! I love all the activities. Happy 6th Birthday Elizabeth!