Sunday, October 7, 2012

First Day of School 2012

                After waking the kids up (we're not used to 6:45 around here during the summer!),
                           we headed for breakfast.  I made applesauce muffins that the kids love. 
 Ben had to keep his shirt off while he ate, we didn't want anything on our cute clothes!

                                       Elizabeth and her new backpack for second grade. 

                                                  I still can't believe I have a second grader!


                                                   Next up Ben, the big kindergartener!

                                        My kids love each other, I didn't even tell them to hug!

                                                          The kids in front of the school.
                             Ben had to wait in line with the other kids while he waited for his teacher. 
 Elizabeth went to sit with her class to wait for her teacher.  Elizabeth is a great big sister...now that the parents can't walk into the school she makes sure he gets to his line...she's very responsible!
                                                  Tom and I first followed Ben to his class.
 He waited at his desk for his day to begin.  Ben wasn't nervous, no tears for anyone (even me!) - whew! 
 On to Elizabeth's class.  Here she is with her wonderful teacher Ms. D.  We're sad because we are now 5 weeks into school and we just found out that Ms. D took a new position teaching dislexia - Elizabeth will be getting a new teacher. 
                                           After school we met our friends out for ice cream. 
                                                         It's been our new tradition.
                         Last we met Grandma B, Jessica, Cooper and Jackson for a very early dinner.

                                                              We ate in a van!  Fun!!
                                                        The best buddies and Elizabeth.
Our four kids - they all had a great first day of school and were all excited about going back the next day, thank goodness!

3 comments:

Allison said...

This post makes me hungry. haha, no. Very cute! I love that Ben couldn't wear his shirt at breakfast. :) Hard to believe you have a second grader and a kindergartner. Where does the time go?!

Sue said...

Love that I could be a part of their special day. There is no way those kids could be that old. I am so proud of them, and so sad that they are growing up so fast!

Meg said...

Tempus Fugit! Glad they both had such happy starts to the new school year!