Tom and I decided to take the weekend before school started and do special one on one dates with the kids. The kids decided what they wanted to do with us. Both kids wanted Tom to take them to Mountasia so they could play mini golf, drive go carts, etc.
With mommy, Elizabeth wanted to go to lunch at Panera so that's what we did first.
Then we went to Old Navy to find a couple of school outfits. With mommy, Elizabeth wanted to go to lunch at Panera so that's what we did first.
At meet the teacher Elizabeth found out they could each bring a pillow pet to sit on so we went to find one that Elizabeth liked.
Ooo - Elizabeth can't handle to bright sun! The last thing (and most important thing) Elizabeth wanted to do was to go to Barnes and Noble. We spent almost 3 hours just reading, reading, reading! Elizabeth got to pick a couple of books to go home with her.
The next day Ben and I had our special day! Ben wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese - so that's where we went!
Lots of coins!
We went crazy playing games...
games...
and more games.
He couldn't even take his eyes off the games.
I had a blast with the kids, and I think they had fun having special one on one time with me and Tom!
1 comment:
What a GREAT idea, I"m totally doing that next year!
Post a Comment