
We had a very busy, fun, Halloween day. For some reason my pictures are not downloading in the same order I put them in, so this may be a little confusing. Before lunch we headed to Grandma B's house to trick-or-treat. Cooper is an elephant, Elizabeth is Fancy Nancy, and Ben is a monkey. Their first candy of the day.

In the morning before Grandma's Elizabeth and her friend Elliott took a pottery class where they painted some pottery, read a book, and had a snack.

Elizabeth enjoying her chocolate sucker from Grandma.

The half-naked boys enjoying their suckers. We had to undress them so they wouldn't drip chocolate all over themselves!

Here is the finished bowl. She painted the whole thing yellow and the teachers are turning the handprint into a turkey. The outside of the bowl has some red and green dots. We pick it up at the end of the week. I love handprint art!!

Here are Elizabeth, Josh, Ben, and Drew all ready to trick-or-treat. We all went together around our neighborhood.

Ahh! It's really bothering me how out of order these are!! Here are the kids enjoying their special Halloween dinner before trick-or-treating. Elizabeth and I planned the menu (it's pretty much the same one from when Jessica and I were kids and had our special meal with our family). We had grilled cheese sandwiches cut into pumpkins and bats, cheetos (we got the natural ones which weren't quite as good as regular 'cause they aren't neon orange, but still tasted great), orange jello with whipped cream on top, and pumpkin pie. I have never made pumpkin pie in my life but Elizabeth really wanted some so I thought I'd try it. She ate one bite and said, no thank you. Ben didn't want any either - and of course neither did Tom. So I made this entire pie that no one would eat! Oh well! Now I know for next year. It was a lot of fun to continue my families traditions into my kids memories - and make it a part of their tradition.

Another picture before trick-or-treating.

And another of the cute kids.

Elizabeth enjoying her Halloween dinner. We had a great Halloween!
4 comments:
Wow, that IS a busy day! I love the pic of the boys and their chocolate pop. Very cute bowl too!
~Allison
Adorable pictures! I can't believe you made a pumpkin pie and no one would eat it! I should have come over and had some, I love pumpkin pie!
Jessica
I would love some pie too - can't believe our Ben wouldn't eat it!! Such a busy and fun day - love the bowl (hint) love mom
very cute! I love the picture of the boys with their animal legs- too funny. Can't wait to see the bowls! E and E look so cute together
Post a Comment