Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Day at Home

( I don't really know what Ben is doing in this picture!) We spent an afternoon at home just playing around. I got out 3 types of pasta, a bag of mixed beans, and spoons, tongs, wisks, etc... The kids played for about an hour mixing, pouring, sharing...it was great! I got so much done while they played together.


Then is was snack time. Elizabeth received a fun present for Christmas from Grandma H. It was a cake decorating pen for kids. So first Elizabeth had to wash all the parts. She loves to do that! She is always soaked up to her shoulders basically, but I think she feels so grown up!
Then I loaded it with icing and let her (and Ben even!) go. It's great! All you have to do is push the button and icing comes out. You can change this tips to make flowers, lines, flat lines, etc...The kids, of course, loved this snack.

Ben just kept licking off the icing, asking for more. He knows what the best part is!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Very great gift for a mini Laura; good job on that one Grandma H!! Do you think I could sit Emily down in front of pasta and beans yet? :) I should be quiet though because look what I am doing during her nap! I better get to working...
~Allison

Anonymous said...

What a fun time

Cookies looked yummmmmy Elizabeth

jessica said...

that does look so fun! I'm going to have to try to let Cooper do that with pasta, although I'll have to sit right there with him, I know he'd sneak bites when I wasn't looking! Elizabeth will have to let me try her new cookie decorating toy!
Jess