Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Almost Ben's Birthday!

Ben will be 2 tomorrow - WOW! So, in preparation for the kid's birthdays I like to decorate the house so when they wake up in the morning it looks festive. Ben's party is a farm theme so I found these balloons that you add the stickers to, to make them look like farm animals.
The farm animals above the pot rack in the kitchen.

The banner says Happy Birthday Ben! You can't really read it very well, but I used the "cow" print on the computer. It had to match the theme - even if it wasn't easy to read :)


The kitchen. On the table is Ben's birthday hat. I saw this on a blog as well. The mom always makes a birthday crown the the same number of points as the child's age. I thought that was a cute idea so we did it this year.




Ben's bedroom door. You can't really see it but there is a birthday cone on the door handle that we put candy in. He'll love that of course! We put a fun present in his room for him to open in the morning. I'll put a picture on the blog tomorrow of him playing with it. Ben will also get pancakes with sprinkles in the morning and will eat them on the special birthday plate, and will also get a cupcake with ice cream for lunch. We're having the party with everyone on Saturday, but we wanted to make his actual birthday special too. I'm off to bed, we have a big day tomorrow! My baby is turning 2!!!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Wow Laura you got down to business when you got home - looks great! I really like those animal balloons!
~Allison

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! He is going to be so excited when he wakes up!!

chrissy said...

How cute! I love all your ideas!! What a lucky little boy :-)

jessica said...

How fun, you're super mom! J