Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ben and the Flu

So Ben got a high fever on Sunday, but we were heading to the doctor anyway on Monday to get his stitches removed (yay!) so I thought we'd check him out to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or strep throat. Well, it turns out he had the flu. We have never had the flu in our house before and it is not fun!! Ben's temp yesterday was 105 for around 4 hours - so we spent about 12 hours just holding him, trying to force him to drink, etc... Needless to say I have no pictures for this post - we haven't done anything! Monday Elizabeth ended up staying at my mom's house until bedtime (we were told to keep the kids apart as much as possible to minimize Elizabeth's exposure) and after zoo school today she headed right back over there. Grandma B has had her hands full with both Elizabeth and Cooper these past 2 days - thanks mom!! Today Ben seems to be doing much better - we're keeping him very drugged up on tylenol/motrin. Thank you Lord for drugs!!
On another note I remembered this picture of Elizabeth sucking her fingers and twirling her hair at 9 months old. That is how long her awful habit has been going on!



I probably won't have much else to post this week - the doctor said the flu lasts from 5 - 7 days - so we'll be hanging at home this week! (as I type this Ben is flipping all over the couch "watching" Elmo. I guess he's starting to feel better :)

6 comments:

jessica said...

poor benny boy, we love you and hope you feel better soon!

Allison said...

Sure glad that you got some fluids in and you got that fever down. I guess no playdate this week! :)
~Allison

Mom said...

I echo Jessica - we love you Benny and can't wait for you to feel better!!!! We miss you so much.

Grandma

Janet said...

Hope you feel better soon Ben!

The A Family said...

Poor Ben and Poor Mommy!! There is nothing worse than not being able to make them feel better. Keep up with the fluids, rehydrating them is not a task I would wish on my worst enemy!

Vanessa said...

poor little guy! hang in there! hope to see u guys soon!