We have had a busy weekend, but I basically don't have any pictures. We're usually swimming or something so it's too hard to get my camera. I did get a couple from this evening though. Jessica and Ryan went out of town for the day and night to Austin for their anniversary. We started our day at my mom and dad's for swimming and lunch. The kids fell asleep on their way home, so that was our naps for the day. Then Victoria, Tom's sister, called to see if we wanted to come over to play and have dinner. The kids had a great time playing with her son, Zach, and eating Subway, their favorite. Last we came home to watch a movie. This is the way the kids watched the movie after eating their popcorn. My goal was for them to lay down and quietly fall asleep while watching the movie (yeah right). Elizabeth was too scared of the movie (Finding Nemo) so she was in my room watching Dora.
What's with this standing while watching the movie?
I was a little nervous about bedtime. On the last post I wrote how well nap time went with the boys sleeping together (not well!) so the plan was for Elizabeth and Cooper to try sleeping together. Once bedtime came E didn't want Cooper in her room, and Cooper wanted to be with Ben. So I gave in and had the boys sleep together. To make it easier on me I decided to just lay down with them until they fell asleep. It worked! They fell asleep after 20 min. We'll see how late they sleep in the morning!
6 comments:
Glad bedtime went better than naptime! That's cool that their cousins are so close in age and distance, that they can have instant playmates.
Yeah for falling asleep in 20 min. I have been anxious to hear how the night went.
Yea, I'm so glad it went ok, too bad Cooper woke up a few times during the night! Not very restful for you! Thank you SO SO much for watching him for us, we really appreciated it!!
We loved watching him, Jessica. I think the kids all had a lot of fun - Ben is already asking where Cooper is!
Finding Nemo, scary? that's a first for me. don't show hew The Little Mermaid!
Looks like fun. Not so sure about the movie watching positions though. Glad to hear the boys were able to share a room!
~Allison
Post a Comment