We had a very busy weekend, and I took literally not ONE picture! I don't know what I was thinking! My Aunt Amy was in town from Minnesota visiting for a girls weekend with my mom (no kids!) so they had a good time shopping and laying by the pool. Jessica and I were able to meet them to shop on Saturday morning (also without kids - what a treat! Not that I don't love doing stuff with my kids but sometimes it's easier to shop without them - you know what I mean) and later that evening we met them for dinner and then back to my mom's house to watch Twilight. I had a great time. The kids and Tom went to dinner with Tom's family for Janet's birthday and I heard that they also had a lot of fun. The kids got to eat tons of chips with their cousins - what's not to love, right?!
The next day was my dad's birthday so the guys took my dad golfing for his birthday present, and after naps we went swimming over at their house and had dinner and cake. The kids love to swim at Grandma and Grandpa's and it was fun all hanging out together.
Today we had playgroup at my house - and again - no pictures! We just played outside with our pool, slip n slide, and sprinkler. The kids had fun playing together and got very exhausted and ready for early naps. After nap we played at Drew and Josh's house and then came home to make dinner. Usually I give in and let the kids watch a show while I make dinner. Today I decided that we are going to try to watch less TV - so instead Ben did puzzles and Elizabeth played with her beads. I actually did get my camera out for that (finally) .
Today we had playgroup at my house - and again - no pictures! We just played outside with our pool, slip n slide, and sprinkler. The kids had fun playing together and got very exhausted and ready for early naps. After nap we played at Drew and Josh's house and then came home to make dinner. Usually I give in and let the kids watch a show while I make dinner. Today I decided that we are going to try to watch less TV - so instead Ben did puzzles and Elizabeth played with her beads. I actually did get my camera out for that (finally) .
4 comments:
Looks like the kids are totally bummed about the no TV this evening! Glad everyone had a fun fun weekend!
~Allison
Well I am glad I am not the only one that forgets to break out the camera for a weekend! Sounds like a great time.
But despite not having the pics, doesn't it feel good to absorb yourself in the moment and not spend time trying to get the best shot?
Elizabeth has so many talents! Making jewelry too!
Post a Comment