We live so close to Dallas, but we haven't really taken advantage of all the fun things to do there. So, today we went to the Dallas World Aquarium with the kids. Elizabeth is checking out the map, trying to figure out where she wants to go first.
This was our favorite thing to watch. The shark/stingray tank went up and over our heads so they were swimming right over the top of us. We got there at feeding time so it was really fun watching them eat. I didn't realize how many of the fish have mouths on the bottom - so we could see everything! (See the fish in the swordfish's mouth?) The kids thought it was so cool!
Ben was hugging on his daddy. He is a big mommy's boy, so it was fun watching him hang on Tom.
The sting rays and turtles up close and personal.
The kids had never seen an octopus before. After seeing all the colorful animals I decided I was going to make a color book for Ben with all the different fish/animals/birds that we saw today. He will love it!
About half the aquarium was a rainforest! (so I wasn't sure why it is only called an aquarium) There were tons of birds that we had never seen before. Ben was so brave and would actually touch the bird. Elizabeth wanted nothing to do with it! He also fed a different one. We had a really great time - I'm so glad we went. Afterwards we went to our favorite lunch place - Jason's Deli (free ice cream!) Then Tom took the kids to the pool after naps so we had a busy, fun day!
7 comments:
So glad you had a good time. I have been once and there were WAY too many people to enjoy it!!! Maybe one day I will give it another chance. Good pics!
~Allison
What fun! I can't wait to see the color book you make Ben, great idea!
Very cool! We will have to check it out sometime. You guys had a busy fun day with the aquarium AND the pool- wow! I bet they slept good last night!
We'll have to try it sometime! It looks like you all had fun!
Looks like a very fun family outing! The kids will talk about that trip for a long time! Aquariums are just so fascinating!
~meg
Your pictures are great , they really show the animals. I'll bet the kids loved it.
We've been thinking about going to the Dallas Aquarium during Russell's vacation week. After seeing your pics, we're defintely going. Looks really cool!
Post a Comment