
Elizabeth's glasses
finally came in! I, of course, think she looks adorable, but I will admit that it makes me a little sad. She doesn't quite look like my little girl anymore. I know it will take me a while to get used to seeing her like this. I just hope the glasses don't bother her too much. I know how much I disliked my glasses, but I'm hoping because she is so young she really won't know any different. Only time will tell I guess! She was very excited to get her glasses, I must say. She was literally jumping around in the store when she found out that her glasses were in.

Right after getting glasses she was already taking them off, messing with them, so I told her how proud I was of her that she could take such great care of her glasses and that I knew she could do a good job keeping them on her face, so she was allowed to pick out a toy or something that she wanted. She chose a snow cone maker. (sorry mom :) It doesn't work that great anyway.) She was very proud of herself that she was big enough to get glasses (I think she thinks it's a privilege or something. Now Ben is begging for some too!) I'm hoping that the present will be a reminder to keep those glasses on (ha ha).

I decided that I needed to start doing some "learning" activities with the kids this summer. This week we are doing the 5 senses. Today we did touch so here are some balloons that I filled with a variety of items (rice, sand, flour, and beans - I filled 8 balloons with the 4 items) and the kids had to find the match. (if you can think of anything good that's 5 senses related all you teachers out there - let me know!)

Here she is, squeezing all the balloons. Ben basically squeezed some balloons and then threw them around the room. Elizabeth found all the matches.

Here is a puzzle that Elizabeth and I completed yesterday (with a little help from Ben). She was very proud of herself and asked me to take her picture. Don't you love all the clean laundry laying over my couches. I really was about to put them away! :)
11 comments:
Oh my, it does bring tears to my eyes too. She looks so big and it reminds me of when you got your glasses. You were a few years older though. Does your snow cone machine make the ice as chunky as mine?
No - it leaves it pretty small but you manually crank it - and it makes a cup about the size of a dixie cup each time - which is all right for the kids actually.
I love her glasses- she looks adorable! Now I'm sure E is going to be begging for some....
Yay, they came in!! Very cute!!
~Allison
She looks adorable! You're such a great mom! What cool activities.
She looks beautiful!!!!
Valerie
she looks great! and good job on that puzzle!
There is just something so cute about a little one in glasses, I always love it. I am sure she will adjust and forget they are there in no time.
What a fun balloon activity, you are such a good mom!
Elizabeth looks so cute in her glasses. What creative activities you plan for your kids. Great ideas. I will have to remember those for future things.
Oh my gosh, I didn't think it was possible for her to get more adorable, but it happened, and she does!! She looks so old in her glasses! But I still think she looks like herself. Too too cute. I also love the floor puzzle, we'll have to borrow it one of these days (or a year or two from now, it looks hard! :))
Hey, I just found your tip on tip junkie, that's so cool!
Post a Comment