Here's a video of Elizabeth this morning in my parent's pool. This was about the 5th time she went in. The first few times she actually did a dive! (a belly flop to be more precise) By this point she thought she was diving, but really was just kind of jumping with her hands over her head.
Jessica wants this recipe and told me I should put it on the blog in case anyone else needs some new ideas for breakfast! This is great (I think) if you are in a hurry in the morning since it's all ready to just eat and go.
(I found this on another blog...and I can't find it now...so sorry I can't properly acknowledge them)
2 c wheat chex
2 c rice chex
2 c bran chex ( I used corn chex)
2 c cheerios
1 c slivered almonds
4 T butter
1/3 c honey
1 c dried fruit
Put the oven at 300 degrees. Put the butter in a 9x13 pan and melt it in the oven. Add honey and whisk. Pour cereal and almonds into pan and mix. Bake uncovered for 30 min - stir every 10min. Let cool. Add dry berries.
Have a good week :)!
7 comments:
What a brave little girl since the last time I saw her. WOW!!! The chex mix thing sounds yummy. I may have to try that.
I know! She's changed so much in just a few weeks! Who knows what she'll do by the time we come to MN :)
We'll have to try the Chex Mix!
I love the video, she is getting so big. Thanks for sharing the recipe - yummy.
I hope the turtle found his family :)
wow! she is so big!!! Great Job Elizabeth!!
Oh I sure hope the turtle is happy in his new home! Also, very brave girl diving in. Now to see when she goes head first, I will be very impressed. I think I was in 6th grade! ;)
~Allison
Jay and Jane were out driving around yesterday and no joke they came across a turtle in the road so Jay got out and got it and they took it down to the pond and watched it get in the water and everything. It was so funny when they came home and told me about it because I was thinking, "Whoa this sounds like de ja vous" because I remembered reading about this on your blog.
Post a Comment