
First, I have to apologize for taking so long to post anything. My computer in the apartment is on this tiny counter sitting sideways in the kitchen. To use it I literally sit it on the oven. Unfortunately we couldn't get our wireless to work so that is where I have to sit - so I have little motivation to post. I'll try to get better!
On the night before Halloween we carved pumpkins with the kids. This was the first year the kids would actually touch the inside of the pumpkin (sort of) so it was a lot of fun.
This is the face Ben drew on his pumpkin. I was actually impressed because he got all the parts of the face - I wasn't sure he could do that!

Look at that grossed out look on her face!

He was very excited to be carving a pumpkin.

(a brief aside - look at Ben's crazy hair! After about a month his hair just grows in this huge mop!! It's so funny!)
Here are the completed pumpkins. They were very proud. They actually wanted to have their pumpkins sleep in their rooms with them. Elizabeth took hers with her in the car on Halloween and ended up breaking the face :) She wasn't too happy about that! But what do you expect when you carry a carved pumpkin everywhere you go, right?
Halloween morning we got up early and got the 4 kids (Ben, Elizabeth, Cooper, and Jackson)pictures professionally taken in their costumes. We then headed to my mom and dads for some early trick-or-treating and lunch. Here they are waiting for G and G to come to the door.
Here they are with their trick-or-treats from Grandma and Grandpa.

These lips were in their treat bags. I didn't take long before both boys had to taste their wax lips (yuck!)

She's in the middle of telling me "Look at this giant sucker!"

Displaying his loot from Grandma.
As I was downloading my pictures I realized I didn't have any of adorable Jackson in his costume! By the time we got to my parents he was sleeping, then eating, etc... and then we were outside with the kids. He was so cute as a dragon.

That evening after our special Halloween dinner at home we went to our old neighborhood to trick-or-treat with our cousins and see some of our old neighbors and playgroup friends. Here are all the TX little cousins - Josh (
race car driver) Amelia (she eventually wore a kitty costume - here she is cute in a tutu) Elizabeth (snow white) Zach (tiger) Drew (pilot) and Ben (a knight)


Finally got a picture of my 2 kids together. For some reason this never happens!

The 2 girls.

The next morning the kids immediately got up to inspect their loot. I let them each have one piece of candy. Ben is covered in M&M's here.
I had to put these 2 pictures in here. Elizabeth is so funny with her stuff! She likes it all in a certain way. She had about 3 different parties that she collected candy from and had each event in their own Ziploc baggie. I told her I thought it would be a cute picture if she dumped out all the candy and took a picture with it all piled up. She kept kind of saying no and then I realized it was because she didn't want all the candy mixed up! So we took 3 different photos (i just put 2 here) of her 3 different bags of stuff. She is so good about not going into the candy or begging for it, unless I say so. Ben, not so much. We might have to start hiding his candy :) I hope you all had a great Halloween!
6 comments:
I was thinking you might go back to the old "hood" for some trick or treating. Looks like a busy, fun day. Jessica said that you got a really cute one of the four kids - that is great!
Oh and I don't know why sitting on your oven isn't more appealing to you... sacrifice so that my addiction to blogs can continue!
~Allison
Looks like they had a great time! Love the early on-set of organizational skills in Elizabeth.
Wonder where E gets those funny habits from?? I love my pictures of the kids.
Great Halloween pics! You guys had such a fun day. I love that E won't mix her candy, that is too funny!
I love Ben's hair - very stylish!
Cute pumpkins! Looks like they had a great time carving them. We were carving ours that same night! How nice that Elizabeth doesn't beg about her candy. All we hear around here is "I want my candy!" Jay and I are seriously looking up candy addiction as a possible disease for her. I am SOOO glad Halloween is just once a year!
Post a Comment