Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Feast


At Elizabeth's school this week the kids participated in a Thanksgiving Feast. Each class made their own costumes. Elizabeth was very proud to show off all her hard work.

Waiting to take the class picture.
Here is the 4 year old class before heading into the feast.


The school did a family style meal with all the 3, 4, and 5 year old classes. Each child made their own placemat and some type of art project. Elizabeth's was the turkey in front of her. They asked the parents who could help to walk around and serve the kids their meal. I think they thought it was a fun change from their normal way of eating their lunch.

We hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I'll try to be better about posting this week with all of our family in town.

4 comments:

Erin K said...

How cute! I remember doing something like that when I was in kindergarten. I remember wearing my little vest and hat around the house. Your post brings back some good childhood memories.

Joanne said...

For me your post brings back many recent memories, more of which we'll be making on Monday when we do our Thanksgiving feast with kindergarten. I love their little outfits! So cute!

Allison said...

I bet Elizabeth was BEAMING! So cute! My only thought outside of that is that there were A LOT of chiefs. Things could get kinda messy in that tribe!
~Allison

Unknown said...

Look at her... she looks so proud! I am glad you got to go to school to take photos for her!