Monday, August 31, 2009

Day at the Zoo

The kids and I went to the zoo on Friday with Josh, Janet, Jessica, and Cooper. Ryan was home with Jackson so Jessica was able to get out of the house for a little while.

We haven't been to the zoo all summer because it has been so hot, so we had a great time in the semi cool (80's) weather!



That's a gorilla taking a nap on the other side of the glass!


I thought this was very cool! When Elizabeth was in zoo school last year the female tiger had 3 or 4 baby tigers. They were so cute and tiny. Here they are getting very big, but still playing like kids. It seems like we don't see the animals do much except sleep so it was fun watching them play around. The kids got a big kick out of it. It was fun being back at the zoo!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I just heard about this zoo trip - what fun! Glad you found something to do to enjoy the "nice weather."
~Allison

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds so nice. I wish I had spend my day at the zoo...the real one not the school I work at!

Erin K said...

What a perfect day for the zoo! Also very cool that you got to see the lions from baby to young adult.

janet said...

Thanks for distracting us from kindergarten!

The A Family said...

How fun and what a great way for Jess to get out and spend some time with Cooper. It is fun when the animals want to play.We have a baby zebra that was out running around when we went this weekend.