Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jackson Is Here!!!!



Yesterday, August 19th, Jessica started feeling contractions and her water was leaking a little bit, so she headed to the hospital at about 1pm with Ryan. This was taken as she was headed out the door - doesn't she look so cute?! Not like someone who is in labor, that's for sure! At 8:10 pm Jackson arrived (they are still thinking about that middle name) He was 9 pounds 2 ounces and 22 inches long. He already has chub on him!

He loved being swaddled up but had a good set of lungs on him when he was unhappy.

He was so calm during his bath! Most babies scream their heads off it seems, but he was starting to go into la la land I think and was just in a daze.



Isn't he big? He doesn't seem like such a newborn to me because he is so big!!
Jessica was doing great when I saw her. I think it was much better this second time around :)
Congratulations, Jessica! We can't wait to bring Cooper up to meet his baby brother today!

11 comments:

Allison said...

YAY and HOORAY for healthy baby Jackson!! Such a smart little boy -he has been marking his calendar in there and was waiting for August 19th when Mommy said he was "due." Jessica looks great of course - can't wait to meet the little guy!!
~Allison

Nikki said...

Jessica looks GREAT and Jackson is adorable! You're right, he does look like a mini Cooper! I can't wait to meet him - hopefully it won't be too long!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY DAY!! Such wonderful news that Jackson made the trip safe and sound and happily lounged thru his first bath. He is just beautiful, Jessica too! I'm sure Ryan is beautiful too-smiles do that to ya!
~meg

Jamie Murry said...

Thanks for posting this. I have been waiting for this. He is so darn cute. Jessica looks awesome!!

The A Family said...

Yeah! Give her hugs for us! He is adorable.

Vanessa said...

Yay!!! Congrats to your sis!! he is big, he will catch up to his big bro soon!! he is so sweet!! i want one!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! He is so darn cute! I can't wait to meet him, and I am sure Avery will absolutely love him. Hopefully they will be able to visit Kansas before the year is up... Please tell Jessica she looks AMAZING and give her my love!
Megan

Gretchen said...

Yay! Thanks for posting, Laura. Jackson is such a cutie!! I am so happy mom and baby are doing well. He was just waiting for the perfect time...hopefully his healthy weight means that he'll SLEEP well too! Congrats to the whole clan.

Joanne said...

Yeah! They both look great! Congratulations to your whole family! I can't wait to meet him in person!

Erin K said...

WoW! He's a big healthy boy! Your sister looks great. Not at all in labor. Great photos!

chrissy said...

Yay! I just came to check your blog because I forgot to ask when we traded emails. Congrats, he is so cute!